Standards for Recording Real Estate Documents
Effective January 1, 2002
After January 1, 2002, all recorded documents will be classified into three different types:
Standard documents must follow all formatting requirements to be qualified. They are as follows:
· 8 ½” x 11” white or light colored #20 paper (no watermarks or logos)
· Printed in black or dark ink on one side only
· No continuous forms or permanent binding, but documents may be stapled for presentation
· Minimum 8 pt type
· Signatures must be in black or dark ink
· All signatures must be originals and have the name typed, stamped or printed underneath.
A Self Addressed Stamped Envelope is required for return of recorded documents.
Complete document formatting standards can be found at www.morecorders.com/RLFormatStandards